Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Real Talk Moment..... I Told You



I Told You

Let me go ahead and state the facts
You like me now how is that
When you can't even have my back
You thought I would settle because I was going through a few things
Don't get it twisted to the table in the mist of my storm I still have a lot to bring
Clearly you didn't know I am a Queen

I need the 3 P's Pray Provide and Protect
If that’s not what your offering trust I will be yelling Next
I’m upfront and blunt

I don’t have a problem telling you what I want
Yeah a relationship is a give and take
But if you’re not putting in the time or work how you expect to get the cake
I’m not cut from that cloth
Be a real man or get lost

Time cost and it’s expensive
I don’t like wasting mines did I mention
I told you in the beginning I had a lot on my plate
I gave you those options so you could decide if I was whom you wanted to date
I told you that if you stick you stuck you stay
Did you forgot because I gave you a play by play
I made my intentions know right away

I told you I don’t do one night stands jump offs cut buddies nor boo thang
I'm in preparation to be a wife awaiting the Ring
I’m like a job 3 days no text no call no show
There is no reason you need to contact me anymore

I don’t want nor need a temporary fix
So if all you’re offering or bring to the table is your stick
Keep it moving before I treat you like a trick
I told you Im the beginning I ain’t with Sh**

I made my intentions known
That’s just what you do when you’re grown
So please don’t come at me wrong

If you can’t make me a priority
Then my time you’re not worthy
I’m too old for stick and move
Baby I’m from the old school

You were so stuck on my outside beauty
You didn’t put in the time to pursue me
I told you I’m a Queen you have to date and court
Otherwise your time getting to know me would be cut short

Im a good woman and I’m just stating the fact
What you put out and give I will give back
So remember that when my performance start to slack
Loyal honest trustworthy and about business
If I don’t get the same in return I remove myself with quickness
I want someone that will go that extra mile
Do whatever it takes to make me smile
I don’t need you to take care of me but yeah you’re going to help
If I have to do it all on my own then I should be by myself

There is no I in team
Were here to build and help each other reach our dreams
I’m all about letting a man be a man
He needs to have a vision and a plan
You wonder why I don’t take you serious
When you’re not handling your business
I didn't have any boys therefore I don’t know how to raise no man
Even if I did that’s not something I want to do surely you understand
Clearly I’m not what you want to do
So I’m going to remove myself from this situation and let you do you boo
Chasing & running in behind a man I wouldn't know how to do if I tried to
I told you…..
2014© Kayundra Simpson, All Rights Reserved
www.kayundrasimpson.com
@MSKAYES

No comments:

Post a Comment