Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Mother and Daughter

Mother and Daughter 


Daughter expressing how she feels 
(Yes I raise them both to keep it real) 
Through my life I've seen stuff grown-ups haven't 
Seen 
Been through ups and downs 
Yet I'm only a teen 
It all started on October 20th 
Back in the 1990's 
When my momma had me 
The doctor told her she was having another 
She now has a baby & a toddler 
It was good didn't want for nothing 
But things got bad and we started struggling 
Left our home in Arkansas and moved to Florida 
Money wasn't long no more it started getting shorter 
& shorter 
To the point now we are struggling 
I'll never forget the 1st day I seen my momma cry 
Deep down I was so hurt I felt like I wanted to die came home momma crying eviction notice in her Hand 
Then go to my sister’s room 
To see my sister head down crying and praying 
I was young but I wasn't dumb so I started praying 
Too 
I prayed to God that he would help us stay together 
And make it through 
From then hotel to hotel was our house 
Because we stayed getting put out every time we were doing straight 
Something always went bad 

It got to the point we lost everything we had 
Storage auctioned all of our stuff 
I think that's when my momma decided she had enough 
It got so bad my sister thought about hustling 
That's when my momma decided 
Florida wasn't for us 
We got the things that we did have and moved to GA 
Now my momma is an Author telling our story 
She has SEVERAL books out 
To possibly help another family not go down that route 

Real Talk: What Others Are Afraid To Say.... 

Mother Speaking back to Daughters 
We have been though a lot 
To give up on either one of you I absolutely will not 
We lived in a hotel for about a year 
Every day was a struggle 
But me not being able to take care of you girls 
Was my worst fear 
There were days I cried all night long 
Did things I knew were wrong 
Did things I didn't want to do 
You were my children and by all means I was going to take care of you
I had to make sure wherever we laid our head 
It was safe and felt like a home 
Through struggles test and trial you get a backbone
I'm not proud of some of the things I had to do
I'd do it all over again with no regrets just to take care of the two of you 
60 a day for us to have a place to stay
It's was times I didn't have that to pay 
But my God always made a way 
You were never on the streets 
Always had food to eat 
I kept you in the latest fashions 
Even when the struggles started to happen 
I'm not proud of some of the things you had to endure 
You guys have had the best of both worlds 
That’s for sure 
Through it all we remain together 
It was just a test we had to weather 
You're my girls 
Not to mention my whole world 
We have had some good days 
Bad ones too but through it all 
Always remember your Mother Loves you
2012©Kayundra Simpson, All Rights Reserved
©REAL TALK WHAT OTHERS ARE AFRAID TO SAY™
www.kayundrasimpson.com
WWW.MSKSIMPSON.BlOGSPOT.COM
Follow me on IG:MSKAYES

IF YOU DONT HAVE YOUR COPY GO GET IT. REAL FOR ME STANDS FOR REAL EXPERIENCES ABOUT LIFE. GO PICK UP YOUR COPY AT WWW.KAYUNDRASIMPSON.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment